Eisenberg, Middleditch & Spilman, PLLC

October 2016 Archives

Will a divorce court award you a share of your spouse's pension?

Assets acquired before marriage are generally excluded from the marital estate. However, earnings that occur during the marriage on previously owned assets, such as pensions or other retirement accounts, might be subject to property division.

Former NBA star seeks modification of his child support order

Professional athletes can earn substantial salaries, and basketball stars in the NBA are no exception. Former NBA star Glen Rice, who played for the University of Michigan’s Wolverines before the Miami Heat picked him up, reportedly made over $60 million in his 15-year career. Yet the 49-year-old former star recently sought a court modification to his child support payments, alleging financial struggles.

Do you need a lawyer for divorce mediation?

For couples that want to spare unnecessary heartache and expense in their divorce, it just makes sense to attempt to reach agreement on as many issues as possible outside of the courtroom. Our law firm has helped many couples approach divorce amicably in furtherance of those goals. For example, we offer several alternative dispute resolution options.


Contact Form

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Free background information available upon request

FindLaw Network

Eisenberg & Spilman, PLLC | 600 South Adams Road, Suite 100, Birmingham, MI 48009 | Phone: 248-358-8880 Birmingham Law Office Map

  • Super Lawyers
  • AV | Peer Review Rated
  • The Best Lawyers in America
  • Avvo
  • Business Top Lawyers
  • American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers | AAML
  • MIPA